Slip and Fall
Slip and Fall Lawyers in Denver
All property owners in Denver owe a certain degree of care to ensure the safety of visitors on their premises. Yet, thousands of people go to emergency rooms for injuries related to slip and falls every year. In most cases, accidents that result in serious bodily injuries are often due to the owner’s or occupant’s negligence, meaning they’re liable for all damages. However, these cases are tougher to win than typical car accidents or assault suits. So you’ll need an experienced Denver slip and fall lawyer to take the proper legal action and fight for full compensation.
At the Law Office of Jarrett Benson, we have tried hundreds of slip and fall cases in Denver in the last decade. Therefore, our experienced lawyers are well-versed in handling these micro-niche personal injury cases. So, rest assured that we can protect your interests and will not settle your claim for less than its worth.
Common Places Where Denver Slip and Fall Accidents Occur
- Grocery stores
- Hotels and restaurants
- Malls and airports
- Private homes
- Public spaces and buildings
Common Causes of Slip and Falls
- Spilled liquids
- Greasy or wet floors
- Indoor flooding
- Leaking pipes
- Inadequate maintenance
- Garbage or improperly discarded debris
- Snow and ice
- Torn carpets
- No warning signs
- Insufficient lighting on premises
Slip and Fall Injuries
- Loss of consciousness
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Bruising, etc.
Premises Liability Law in Colorado
Premises liability laws vary from state to state. So, we recommend hiring a Denver, CO slip and fall lawyer to check if you have a case. In Colorado, victims can get full compensation for damages if they can prove they were injured on the defendant’s property and provide evidence of their negligence. The state also uses the status of the injured party to determine liability. You could either be:
- An Invitee – An individual that visits a property upon the owner’s invitation. For example, customers at a retail outlet or a plumber working at a client’s residence.
- A Licensee – An individual who visits a property for personal reasons. For example, visiting a friend at their residence for dinner.
- A Trespasser – An individual who visits a property without the owner’s permission. For example, a thief breaking into a store or house.
Why Choose Us as Your Slip and Fall Attorneys?
- 10+ years of experience handling hundreds of slip and fall cases in Denver with a proven track record
- Hands-on case management
- Contingency fee operating model
- Long-term relationships with medical professionals
The Slip and Fall Claim Process
As per state law, plaintiffs must file a lawsuit for a slip and fall case within two years of the accident. While you recover from your injuries, your Denver Slip and Fall Lawyer will evaluate the accident site, gather evidence and determine the possible reasons for the fall. From there, they will check the relevant local, state, and federal laws to look for violations and look for witnesses to testify. Using all the evidence and information, they will deal with aggressive insurance companies and the defendant, and pursue a fair settlement or go to trial.
Compensation for Slip and Fall Accidents in Denver
Following the settlement or trial verdict, the plaintiff can be compensated for some or all of the following damages:
- Past and future medical bills, including doctor’s visits and therapy
- Lost wages due to inability to work
- Pain and suffering
Contact Jarrett Benson Today
Request a Free Consultation
If you or your loved one has sustained injuries from a slip and fall accident, contact us at (720) 730-3345 or use the contact form for a free consultation. Our team of experienced Denver, CO slip and fall attorneys can help you take the proper legal action to get a fair settlement for your damages.
The clock may already be ticking. Don’t wait any longer. Contact us today to secure your rights and future.