Denver Bike Injury Lawyers
Cycling is a fun and inexpensive way to get around Denver, thanks to the sophisticated networks of urban bike paths in the city and suburbs. Unfortunately, many motorists don’t know the rules or don’t follow them. As a consequence, Denver is now the epicenter of many accidents throughout Colorado despite a burgeoning bike culture. If you’ve been involved in an accident due to a collision with a vehicle or another cyclist, you can seek legal action against the negligent party and get compensated for any injuries or damages by hiring a Denver, CO bike injury lawyer.
At the Law Firm of Jarrett Benson, we understand the bias surrounding cyclists, scooter owners, and motorcyclists face from the police, witnesses, and insurance companies. We also know what it takes to fight and win these micro-niche accident cases. With over a decade of experience litigating bike accidents in the city, you can rest assured that we have the expertise and resources to help you get full compensation for medical expenses, property damage, and mental trauma.
Common Causes of Bike Accidents in Denver
- Traffic congestion
- Reckless, careless, or distracted motorists
- Failure to yield
- Sudden door opening
Common Bike Accident Injuries
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia
- Broken bones
Who Is At Risk for Bike Injuries?
Every cyclist is at risk of getting into an accident whenever they’re commuting around town. However, people at greater risk are those who:
- Don’t wear a helmet
- Ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Are underage
- Don’t follow the traffic rules
- Ride on rough or uneven terrain
Bicycle Laws in Colorado
All cyclists in Denver, Colorado must abide by certain laws and regulations set by the State’s Department of Transportation. While bicycles and vehicles are subject to the same laws, there are additional laws both cyclists and motorists are unaware of:
- Cyclists under 18 must wear a helmet approved by the DOT.
- All riders must wear some form of eye protection.
- Cyclists can’t attach their motorcycles to other vehicles.
- Colorado motorists must give cyclists at least three feet of distance when passing
- Cyclists must stop at all intersections and ride with the flow of traffic.
- Cyclists must use lights when riding after dark and use reflectors.
Proving Liability in a Bike Injury Claim
An experienced Denver Bike Accident Lawyer will use several methods to prove negligence and, therefore, liability on the defendant’s part. They can do this by proving that the motorist:
- Failed to provide the duty of care by driving recklessly.
- Was to blame for all injuries sustained and property damage.
However, if the plaintiff is partially at fault for the accident in question, they could lose a portion or all of the compensation if their fault exceeds the defendant’s. Your lawyer will gather all the necessary evidence and witnesses to prove fault and get you a fair settlement for:
- Medical bills, including doctor’s visits and therapy
- Lost wages
- Property damage, including repairs or replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability or scarring
Why Choose Us as Your Bike Injury Attorneys?
- Hands-on Case management with multiple contact points
- A dedicated team of lawyers, associates, and paralegals at your disposal
- Proven track record
- Expert negotiation strategies
- Millions of dollars in compensation recovered
Contact Jarrett Benson Today
Request a Free Consultation
If you’re injured in a bike accident, contact us at (720) 730-3345 or use the contact form for a free consultation. Our highly-trained Denver, CO bike injury attorneys can investigate your claim to determine the merits of your case and help you seek maximum compensation for all damages.